Ariel Meredith SI 2015 Swimsuit

Friday, December 10, 2010

The Chicago Modeling Culture Has To Change!

The past few days I have had the luxury of getting the outside perspective of the Chicago modeling industry.  Speaking with an agency representative from a well known modeling management firm was not really an eye opener for me; however, it just really help confirm what I have been telling people in the industry all along.  Below is the actual online discussion I had with the agency representative.

Agency December 7 at 10:50pm 
I wanted to send you personal messages that we will not support and local fashion events in New York, Chicago, or Miami next month. If you hear otherwise, please disregard.

Agency December 7 at 10:53pm 
We meant attend.

DaShoot December 8 at 9:12am
Can I ask why agency will not be attending any local fashion events next month?

Agency December 8 at 10:51pm 
One night of scouting and disappointment from our end. Do you mind if I ask one question since you live there? I the fashion industry mainly geared toward the nightlife? I am just curious.

DaShoot December 8 at 10:55pm
Sadly, your observation is correct. This is a culture that needs to change drastically. However, there are and have been fashion events held at other venues other than the clubs. Chicago does not have a outlet to really showcase models and fashion like NY and LA.

Agency December 8 at 10:58pm 
I appreciate your feedback. Factor seems to be terrific, but as you can imagine, the heart you city's models have, does not quite fit the other levels of fashion. Referring to the models who do try very hard.

DaShoot December 8 at 11:00pm
On the brighter side, Chicago has a large population and several aspiring models, photogs, make-up artist, stylist and designers hungry for a chance. So, I would kindly ask, to not give up on the Chicago fashion and modeling industry. Just realize the challenge and help breathe some life into the industry here in Chicago.

DaShoot December 8 at 11:03pm
Can you explain the lack of heart the Chicago models have as it equates to the other levels of fashion?

Agency December 8 at 11:14pm 
They do not lack heart my friend. It is the stats that may hurt some. It is not me, but the look sought after is more personality based. I have a difficult time in the United states. It is not just your city, but the country. The aspiring models almost imitate the industry with a star struck side to them. We look for more than that aspect my friend.

DaShoot December 8 at 11:22pm
Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me. If I may ask; what additional aspects do you look for in a model?

DaShoot December 9 at 8:49am
If you don't mind I would like to post this conversation on my blog. I think it can provide some insight or different perspective for the local models. I will not disclose your name or company in the blog.

Agency December 9 at 5:27pm 
Feel free to post it.

DaShoot December 9 at 6:04pm
Thanks
Sent via Facebook Mobile

Agency December 9 at 6:05pm 
Please do not disclose my name or company in the post as you mentioned. Have a good night my friend.

DaShoot December 9 at 7:07pm
I will NOT disclose your name or company as mentioned.

Feel free to leave a comment we would like to hear what you have to say about Chicago's modeling industry.

2 comments:

  1. WOW.. talk about the truth..
    I just hope that people do not take this the wrong way.. BUT when you see the SAME old SAME it is hard not to be excited. CHICAGO has some hard working models, I just hope that the NEW YEAR brings out the BEST in all of us....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree KC there are some hard working models in Chicago. They needs to be some event in 2011 that can shake thing up a bit in the Chicago modeling arena.

    D. Reid

    ReplyDelete

Aline Bernardes | Latin Fitness Model

Jessica Gomes SI 2015 Swimsuit